Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

viewing thru 1278

Started by chollman, 01/11/2004 05:04PM
Posted 01/11/2004 05:04PM Opening Post
Ok. Has anyone been viewing through their 1278? Reviews on this scope have been minimal. I mostly hear just complaints. I have posted snippets of my views through this scope and am very satisfied with them. The build of this scope is a good notch above your typical synta. Optically I can't really do a true comparison as I don't have a scope in this category to compare it with. Compare it with a synta 120mm f/8.3 and go from there. Can anyone do that and give a meaningful review? The Burgess scope line is growing before our eyes and changing. A unique opportunity to follow continuing improvements and updates. This is all part of astronomy. If you choose not to wait you can do so. If you choose to wait you really lose nothing but can gain a lot. This scope has definitely kindled a fire. What chromatic abberation there is in this scope would, in my mind be greatly reduced by a good filter. Then what do we have? A sharp, well built refractor for some fun viewing. Which is what I have now. I consider myself lucky to have one.
P.S. I think this scope is closer to 16 lbs. It also looks good. Charlie Hollman
Posted 01/11/2004 05:11PM #1
Charlie- I plan on posting a review about my scope in more detail (see my post right before yours) as soon as this "flippen" weather gets warner and we get some clear skies here in Jersey. Gerry