Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Ended up with an AR-5 and a smile!

Started by tomallen, 03/03/2003 03:37AM
Posted 03/03/2003 03:37AM Opening Post
I think the AR-6 is a great scope as Cloudynights and many other folks say. A disk in my back seems to help decide what I lift nowadays though. So I called Dale at Analytical Scientific. They actually had one AR-5 in stock so yesterday in the heavy drizzle I drove down from Austin. They helped pull my new scope/mount out of the sealed boxes and check it out. Man, did it look good. Last night I put it together at home and stared at it all evening! Today it slewed for the first time. I'm just waiting for the rain to stop but I'm still smiling! I've heard if it rains when you get a scope, it's a good sign. I can't wait to look through it this week.

Clear skies,
ToM
(BTW, they have at least three AR-6"'s, a couple LX-90's, some SN-8/SN-10's, etc.-all in stock!)
Posted 03/03/2003 07:41AM #1
Congratulations! Beautiful scope isn't it? And you will find it easier to set up than the 6" - I just figured out a way to put a handle on my 6" today so as to make carrying and mounting the scope easier. You won't have to worry about that with the 5".
And, yes, it always rains when you get a new scope. But the skies will clear as soon as its full moon. Clear skies anyway,
Tom
Posted 03/24/2003 09:45PM #2
LOL!
Of course, it's the TWO WEEKS CLOUDY CURSE!!!
Congratulations Tom! Enjoy the NEW TOY!

Clear dark skies!

Ivan
smile

Ivan Gastaldo 8)
Coconut Creek, FL

Ivan's Observatory
Lat 26N 16' 48" Long 80W 10' 48"
[COLOR="Red"]Personal Website:[/COLOR] http://www.ivangastaldo.com

CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky - Moderator
I like to complain about everything - Moderator