My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Need some advice

Started by Ridgerunner, 05/26/2009 12:39PM
Posted 05/26/2009 12:39PM Opening Post
Guys,
I bought a Meade 2080 SCT, but it did not come with a rear cell attachment. The scope is in perfect condition by checking it over.
Looking at it when I got it, it has 2 threaded areas,inner and outer threads, and a plastic plug was placed into it keepout the dust.
So at this moment, I have NO way to moount a star diagnal or other attachment to it. I checked A-mart for a long time to see if anybody was selling a rear cell, and I have looked over Anacortes, and they do not sell such an aattachment. So my question is, where can I find this rear cell for sale ?
Any help will be most appreciated. I suspect that the scope was made back in the Mid-1980's....

Thankyou ,
Bill

-----------------------------------------------

Be a Blessing too someone today !
Clear Skys,
Bill - Astro Hillbilly 8)
And Pluto is still a Planet !
Posted 05/26/2009 03:19PM #1
Bill Madewell said:

Guys,
I bought a Meade 2080 SCT, but it did not come with a rear cell attachment. The scope is in perfect condition by checking it over.
Looking at it when I got it, it has 2 threaded areas,inner and outer threads, and a plastic plug was placed into it keepout the dust.
So at this moment, I have NO way to moount a star diagnal or other attachment to it. I checked A-mart for a long time to see if anybody was selling a rear cell, and I have looked over Anacortes, and they do not sell such an aattachment. So my question is, where can I find this rear cell for sale ?
Any help will be most appreciated. I suspect that the scope was made back in the Mid-1980's....

Thankyou ,
Bill

What you need is called a "visual back"...one is a common item with any astro-dealer...

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/