My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Problem with my DEC. Mottor on my meade 10"classic

Started by ref68, 08/03/2009 05:31AM
Posted 08/03/2009 05:31AM Opening Post
HI.
even when I use 15mm eyepiece on the moon or planets the tube shakes that keeps me out of focus.
I called Meade to ask for fixing it they said I had to ship it together with fork mount and shipping will coast about $300.and they may not have parts to fix it cause it is old!!
any one know how and where to fix it in Wisconsin state.
I tried to open it I did not know how.
I used often counter weight and 4"refractor in Alta mount (no supper wedge) looked like was no true balancing I wander if I broke the teeth of the gears? I can hears little noise to a senterly positions not all the time .
Sorry for miss spelling my spell check did not work!!

clear skies
Refet

Attached Image:

ref68's attachment for post 47726
Posted 08/03/2009 09:19AM #1
refet dehari said:

HI.
even when I use 15mm eyepiece on the moon or planets the tube shakes that keeps me out of focus.
I called Meade to ask for fixing it they said I had to ship it together with fork mount and shipping will coast about $300.and they may not have parts to fix it cause it is old!!
any one know how and where to fix it in Wisconsin state.
I tried to open it I did not know how.
I used often counter weight and 4"refractor in Alta mount (no supper wedge) looked like was no true balancing I wander if I broke the teeth of the gears? I can hears little noise to a senterly positions not all the time .
Sorry for miss spelling my spell check did not work!!

clear skies
Refet

This could be any number of things. A good place to look for answers is the MAPUG archive website.

A good place to ask for answers is the Meade-Uncensored Yahoogroup.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/