Started by AstroMart, 06/17/2017 10:02AM
Posted 06/17/2017 10:02AM Opening Post
Mr computer expert

go to the CLASSIFIEDS tab

LOOK in the LEFT COLUMN

Thank you so much

On Jun 17, 2017, at 2:24 AM, Denny Morse wrote:

Hello Technical Support:

Boy compared to Ebay, your website sucks and is not intuitive at all. I paid my membership fee only to sell a Finger Lakes focuser. But it is not obvious how to do this. I learned on multiple occasions that poorly designed websites should no longer exist.

https://www.pageprogressive.com/websites-should-not-make-you-think/

https://www.amazon.com/Think-Common-Sense-Approach-Usability/dp/0789723107

And working as a software engineer at Google for 10 years on their production systems as a SRE solidified this belief.

On your website it is easy to search for items for sale, but it is not at all obvious how to list items for sale. I'm feeling like I wasted my money on a membership.

Your home page wastes lots of space and should list auctions ending soon at the top of the page if I so choose.

Sincerely,

Dennis
Posted 10/29/2017 11:22AM | Edited 10/29/2017 11:23AM #1
Wow— it certainly appears if you have a multi billion dollar company you “may” be able to have a better acting site.

Not true

You have to LEARN how to use the site just like the other two you glorify

Take you “ideas” to the Why I hate AstroMart” forum where someone may actually see what your concerns are and ad them to the rebuild coming soon

Have a nice day

Herb
Posted 10/29/2017 11:52AM | Edited 10/29/2017 11:57AM #2
~ AstroMart LLC~ said:

Mr computer expert

go to the CLASSIFIEDS tab

LOOK in the LEFT COLUMN

Thank you so much

On Jun 17, 2017, at 2:24 AM, Denny Morse wrote:

Hello Technical Support:

Boy compared to Ebay, your website sucks and is not intuitive at all. I paid my membership fee only to sell a Finger Lakes focuser. But it is not obvious how to do this. I learned on multiple occasions that poorly designed websites should no longer exist.

https://www.pageprogressive.com/websites-should-not-make-you-think/

https://www.amazon.com/Think-Common-Sense-Approach-Usability/dp/0789723107

And working as a software engineer at Google for 10 years on their production systems as a SRE solidified this belief.

On your website it is easy to search for items for sale, but it is not at all obvious how to list items for sale. I'm feeling like I wasted my money on a membership.

Your home page wastes lots of space and should list auctions ending soon at the top of the page if I so choose.

Sincerely,

Dennis

If I had to respond to him, I'd tell him, that I'm a computer MORON, and I've figured it out. It took me one try, and I didn't even have to whine to the technical support department.

He has worked for Google for 10 years and he can't figure it out???

Can I have a job at Google? Maybe I could be his boss, and show him how to do it.. wink

BTW, I wonder what they pay him at Google, that a membership cost of 15 bucks is going to break him?
Posted 10/29/2017 02:26PM #3
Ha ha Ha HA HA Ha ha... Good grief, imagine if one had to WORK next to that guy! Reminds me of my years at Kodak. Good place, nice people... except for the obligatory few, with crummy attitude. The kind who internalize that, simply because they work at a big company... that their own poop don't ever stink. Tom, AMart friendly, Tom

29-inch Dob in a dome
36-inch upgrade soon
LUNT 80/80 solar scope
FLI 6803 cam
APM 100mm APO Binos
JMI RB-16 Night Vision Binos
Zeiss 20x60 IS binos
Posted 11/03/2017 04:08PM #4
LOL, WOW!

I do like Ebay, don't get me wrong. But that site is like a living organism; it CONSTANTLY morphs and changes without turn signals. And like getting braces, right when you just now got used to them on your teeth, they're tightened and the whole getting-used-to-it process begins all over. "Here you go. You're welcome."

One of the lovelies of A-mart is that the orientation is exceptionally user friendly and when there are changes, the staff Herb-and-staff give us plenty of warning over what will be happening. Ebay will not give you that kind of consideration.

There's a reason I've been hangin' out here since 1997.

Just a few thoughts:

8) FS-152SV sitting in the office
grin Japanes super lucky zen observatory garden
:S Meade ETX-90 finder scope position
shocked Hino Optical Mizar 120SL observatory model
:C SR-4mm eyepiece with a 3x barlow in a 60mm refractor
8O Zeiss Victory 7x42 SFs
wink Having over 135 vintage oculars to play with
smile My life surrounded by wonderful friends and impeccable optics
Posted 01/18/2018 03:52PM #5
Guy must live another planet. Been using this place for 20 years and it works for me.

Chas