Young Bull Elk

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

FYI - AM is not the only game in town.

Started by mtb54703, 08/03/2012 11:00AM
Posted 08/03/2012 11:00AM Opening Post
For starters that fee structure is way too confusing.

I didn't mind the one time sign up fee for AM. And I can see implementing a charge for ads to sell stuff - say $1/ad in groups of 5/10/15/etc. But if I have to pay to look at ads? Come on - ebay doesn't even do that. I'm not going to pay to look at ads and purchase - AM is not the only game in town.
Posted 08/03/2012 11:15AM #1
We know we are not the only game in town - got it.

We are the BEST game in town - get it?

Thank you
Herb
Posted 08/03/2012 04:05PM #2
Mike Brown said:

For starters that fee structure is way too confusing.

I didn't mind the one time sign up fee for AM. And I can see implementing a charge for ads to sell stuff - say $1/ad in groups of 5/10/15/etc. But if I have to pay to look at ads? Come on - ebay doesn't even do that. I'm not going to pay to look at ads and purchase - AM is not the only game in town.

Think of the money you will save buying stuff on this site. I don't see a big deal paying $15, 30, 60 or a $100 a year for the best site on the planet.

Chas
Posted 08/03/2012 06:09PM #3
I don't know if I completely understand the new policy, but isn't the site offering a one year subscription for $15? What is all the fuss about..seriously?? It's an interesting day when a business owner is no longer permitted by his customers to establish a fair market value for his product.
Is it true that non-members will not be able to view ads? That seems like a curious business move. As far as those supporters since Jan 2011...is there a way to see if we've supported during that time and at what level?

Thanks, Stan