Southern Sea Otter

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

NUMBER 3

Started by AstroMart, 08/02/2012 09:51AM
Posted 08/02/2012 09:51AM Opening Post

"My "support" of Astromart will end with this new policy's implementation. This used to be a free service when it began many years ago. I didn't mind a sign-up fee when you re-started the service, but I have no intention of paying an annual fee for "magazine-like" articles etc. I am here for one purpose only, to buy/sell astronomical gear. I subscribe to astronomical magazines for reading material regarding astronomy. It appears to me that you have become greedy at a time when people can least afford the extra expense, and I decline to participate. I think you will find that I am not the only member who will decline your 'service' when you incorporate this change. My business will be going to the Canadian site that offers a buy/sell service, and I'll be sure to tell everyone I know about this site as it remains what you used to be, namely, FREE!"

Some things are worth what you pay for them

Herb
Posted 08/02/2012 02:18PM | Edited 08/02/2012 02:21PM #1
Some people just don't get it. When I look at the gear that I've purchased from sellers on Astromart, gear I would not have been able to afford otherwise, and the gear that I've been able to sell on astromart, gear that I might otherwise have been stuck with or unable to get a fair price for, I see what a great value Astromart is to me. I have absolutely no problem at all with the $12 fee I paid a few years back, and I have no problem with paying a yearly fee for access to Astromart. I have paid for support in the past and will continue to do so in the future. I am very greatful for Astromart, and I hope it will continue to be a viable venture for a long time to come.

Herb, I know you get a lot of flack from some folks for how you run the site, but I hope you also hear from folks who feel like me like me just as often. Thanks for running a great web site.

Rex Cox

Oklahoma State University--The University of Oklahoma!--GO POKES!! GO STATE!!
Posted 08/02/2012 02:53PM #2
Herb:

I am not quite sure what the new system will look like but I hope there will still be some way for those of us who with to support Astromart with more than just the minimum will be able to continue to do so.

Like Rex, I look over all my equipment, not all of it has been purchased via astromart but the vast majority has.

Jon
Posted 08/02/2012 03:12PM #3
Hope the door don't hit him too hard on the way out.

Chas