NGC7293 Helix Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Polite way to ask for rating?

Started by CHudnall, 11/27/2007 09:21PM
Posted 11/27/2007 09:21PM Opening Post
I have had several items for sale recently and have given out my ratings (based on my end of the transactions), but have not received a few ratings back.

I've e-mailed the individuals to make sure that everything was okay with purchase (and would they leave a rating for me), so far all that have responded have said yes, everything is fine, yet still no ratings. sad

I don't want to be a pain in the butt - so, just looking for others thoughts. Do you ever send out request twice? How long do you wait in between requests? I know that leaving a rating is on time-limit, so what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Posted 11/27/2007 09:49PM #1
Check their rating ratio. If they are remiss in giving ratings it will show on their ratio. You can base your decision to give ratings and expectations to receive ratings on this ratio.

When buying you have every right to expect to be rated first since you have completed your part of the transaction first. In that case I have replied that upon receipt of (positive) rating I will respond in kind.

There are some who just don't; and you must move on.

I Yam What I Yam!
Posted 11/27/2007 09:58PM #2
When the deal has been agreed on I always say I'll let you know when the check/item arrives so we can leave each other feedback.
When it does arrive I leave them feedback and then send a email stating that it has arrived and that I've left feedback for them.
There have been a few people that I've still had to ask them to leave feedback when they have a chance.
At this point I have 83 given and 81 received so it seems to work.

Fred

Wisdom Begins In Wonder
Posted 11/28/2007 08:55AM #3
Posted 11/28/2007 10:04PM #4
Thanks for your thoughts. smile

Just to be clear though, these are NOT slackers or whatever else. I know how quickly time flies and you keep saying, oh, I'll do that later. Only to find later is now weeks and months down the road and you are shaking your head asking where time went to. 8O

I just wondered how others dealt with it, no biggie though.

Again, thanks. grin

- If there is anyway to lock this thread - that would be great. -