Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

DBA Astronomy products

Started by DobbyD, 07/06/2006 11:33PM
Posted 07/06/2006 11:33PM Opening Post
I really hate to change such an interesting subject-for just a minute.But i'd like everyone to know if you already dont that you will get the fasted and most courteous service you could ever ask for .Thanking fellow astromarter Dale Penkala for the great treatment he gives to his customers.All I bought was a collimating eyepiece and he treated me as though I had bought a $2000.00 telescope.I think he will and probably already has gone far with his business.Just wanted everyone to know what a great member that we have.Many Thanx, Darrell Hensley
Posted 07/07/2006 04:00PM | Edited 07/07/2006 04:31PM #1
Yup, nicely said Jim! 8)
I got nothing but GOOD THINGS to say about ATWB! wink

Ivan Gastaldo 8)
Coconut Creek, FL

Ivan's Observatory
Lat 26N 16' 48" Long 80W 10' 48"
[COLOR="Red"]Personal Website:[/COLOR] http://www.ivangastaldo.com

CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky - Moderator
I like to complain about everything - Moderator
Posted 07/07/2006 04:26PM #2
Hello,

Great post, Jim.

A buddy of mine owned the largest photo store in town. He built the business over 60 years and even though he was past retirement age and had more money than the Pope, he still worked in one of his stores as often as he could.

He told me that virtually every day customers would walk in and ask for demonstrations on some camera or other and then walk out to save a few bucks through mail order, etc. He said it wasn't unusual for someone to come in with a mail order gray market, no warrantee camera and ask him to spend 30 minutes explaining how it functioned or to repair it for free if it didn't work correctly.

My point is, of course, if we use the site we should use Anacortes.

My dealings with them have been more than positive, btw. Good prices, super service, super nice people.

Clear skies.

Tom B.
Posted 07/07/2006 04:36PM #3
>>>Please don't forget to thank Anacortes - whom without we would undoubtedly not have this wonderful site!
-----

Good point and something I remember when making a purchase... Herb runs a great store.

Of course, for Anacortes, Astromart is a two edge sword because I rarely buy anything new because I shop Astromart...

I also honor Dale Palenka at DBA because he is a supporter of Astromart...

Jon

Posted 07/07/2006 09:43PM #4
Make that another very positive experience with Dale at DBA. I have ordered from him three times and all three times have been a been a joy. He has great support and he runs a very honest business.

A couple years ago I bought a Hardin 12" from him and he gladly answered all my questions, phone calls and emails.

I recently ordered a GSO dual speed focuser for the same scope and found out the too good to be true price was a price mistake. Even though it was an error on his part he honored the much lower price anyway and didn't say a word about wanting to collect the difference in the correct price.

It's the little things like these that make all the difference between a business that cares about it's customers and those that don't. Thanks Dale!
Posted 07/07/2006 11:08PM | Edited 07/07/2006 11:09PM #5
Dale is a first rate businessman and amateur astronomer. He is an honest and hard working guy. I have bought numerous items from him and he always gives great advice and a fair price on the items. I'm glad others have shared the same experiences.