My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Ganymede Shadow Transit

Started by Sol R., 12/04/2002 10:19AM
Posted 12/04/2002 10:19AM Opening Post
Hi,

Weather conditions have been so-so for me this past week. Still, I attemped to make a drawing in spite of seeing conditions. Hopefully, I will be able to get more observing time of the GRS as it is showing changes.

Below was from this morning's Ganymede shadow transit.

Sol Robbins

Attached Image:

Sol R.'s attachment for post 2519
Posted 12/04/2002 09:48PM #1
I was looking at yours and mine and you do so much better ! But I think the real point is they resemble each other in many ways. Its fantastic to see that others see what I see and can verify my detail. Its great !!! Tonight, if all goes well, I will use my 10 inch f/10 refractor. I use the 8 inch Dob more because its easy to set up and get going. But I am ahead of the game tonight as I have the refractor all set and ready to go.
Posted 12/05/2002 08:57AM #2
Sol,

An excellent observation of Jupiter showing much detail across the disk. The SEB looks irregular and the shadow of Ganymede across the northern border is interesting. The NEB is also interesting containing dark condensations and blue festoons. The Sirius Variable Filter appears to work well for Jupiter. I look forward to your future observations.

I have tried to find your drawing on Yahoo. What is the folder and under what heading can they be found (e.g. Amateurs, etc.)?

Carlos