StellarVision

Started by richardpeters5, 08/14/2004 06:11AM
Posted 08/14/2004 06:11AM Opening Post
Is anyone familiar with StellarVision, the company who uses a certain type of almost undetectable paint to apply a "star chart", if you will, to your ceiling and upper walls. As I said, the paint is all but invisible under normal lighting. But at night, with (a black light?) the room lights up with a planetarium like view. I saw it at a recent home show in Phoenix last weekend, and wanted to know if anyone has an idea of how to reproduce this same effect? A transparency of the night sky, and an overhead projector would give me the layout. But I'm not sure of the paint? Their website is http://www.stellarvision.com/
I'd love to just call them up and have them do my daughters room, but due to my medical problems, money is a real issue right now.
Thanks,
Rich
Posted 08/16/2004 07:07PM #1
Hi Rich,

Just call Frank at Stellar Vision in Tucson. It's an astro shop and he does this artwork in his "extra time". He actually began this work before the retain side of the business.

John W.
Posted 08/23/2004 06:31PM #2
I was also considering doing this in my daughters room (6 years old) but decided against it. Money was an issue, and for 400.00, I think I can get a quart of paint for 40-50 dollars of glow in the dark paint and spend a day painting dots on the ceiling. I went so far as to put a down payment to StellarVision, I saw the same display at a home show, and thought it was really neat. My 6 year old would not know the difference if it was astronomically correct for a long time. Nothing against the company, but I couldn't justify 300-400 dollars. They were kind enough to refund the deposit. They are very good to work with. Good luck