Orion area

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Palin and Couric

Started by spyglass, 09/27/2008 05:18AM
Posted 09/27/2008 05:18AM | Edited 09/27/2008 08:26AM Opening Post
I see the debate as pretty much a non event for both Obama and McCain.
But the interview Couric had with Palin was something else! To not have anticipated the questions that were asked either Palin or her handlers have got to be as dumb as a box of bricks.
It was worse then a deer caught in the headlights, it was one of those moments when you initially feel sorry for the person and start wondering how they could get elected dog catcher, let alone governor. (My apologies to any dog catchers I might have offended, she was actually not that good).
If she was the best McCain could find, God help us.
Posted 09/27/2008 06:11AM #1
I noticed that too -- her performance was so pathetic you momentarily actually felt sorry for her -- until you realize what's at stake.
Posted 09/27/2008 06:13AM #2
jeff glancy said:

I see the debate as pretty much a non event for both Obama and McCain.
But the interview Couric had with Palin was something else! To not have anticipated the questions that were asked either Palin or her handlers has to be as dumb as a box of bricks.
It was worse then a deer caught in the headlights, it was one of those moments when you initially feel sorry for the person and start wondering how they could get elected dog catcher, let alone governor. (My apologies to any dog catchers I might have offended then that, she was actually not that good).
If she was the best McCain could find, God help us.

And if Obama got these tough interviews when he 1st decided to run, imho, he wouldn`t be the D. nom. right now.

As it is now, Conservative/Reagan Dems - at least 8 million - are much more weary of BO than Palin...because, regardless of which one will actually be more qualified by Jan., they see him much like the further left sees Palin...to them/us, he is that heartbeat...and that heartbeat has a good chance of getting elected!...hence; our motivation!

My feeling on it is that Palin will show herself qualified for the VP job in her debate against Biden...for, if she does not, suddenly, McCain risks losing the election with her...instead of winning it because of her.

Time will tell and that debate can`t arrive here fast enough for me...it`ll be interesting to see what McCain does if she flops in that.

It`s just too bad, imho, that there`s not a debate between BO and Palin...I would pay to see that one! 8)