One MINOR detail...

There's NO BILL to pass..

What a maroon!
Posted 09/10/2011 06:10PM #1
David Wagner said:

One MINOR detail...

What a maroon!

Believe it or not, the MSM has actually noticed this one little factoid. And from this opinion piece in the LA-Kaufman Times, maybe, just maybe, they are starting to get it: "Most Americans are not politically obedient machine Chicagoans. Like a linebacker reading the quarterback's eyes, they've already figured out this South Sider's game."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/09/obama-jobs-speech-congress-bad-news-polls-.html

David E
Posted 09/10/2011 08:31PM #2
I think it is lame to go from stimulus to deficit hawk to stimulus and back. A little predictable consistency would be good. Most state and local governments already laid off the people who were supported by stimulus funds.

I also think it is lame that the stimulus was for "shovel-ready" projects. The only people who still use shovels in our economy are here illegally. I'd rather see the government plan something out that do something dumb for the sake of action. They could use stimulus funds to hire architects and engineers to plan the projects, too.

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]
Posted 09/13/2011 06:54AM | Edited 09/13/2011 06:55AM #3
David Wagner said:

One MINOR detail...

What a maroon!

That's all right David, don't be so hard on yourself.

What Mr. Obama has proposed is not a tax increase to pay for his jobs bill. It is a return to the tax structure that existed before the previous administration passed a bill reducing taxes on higher income people. According to data provided by the NONPARTISAN Congressional Budget Bureau and Government Accounting Office, those tax cuts for the wealthy were the single largest contributor to the increase in the federal deficit. More than the war(s), more than the recession. Mr. Obama proposes that a reset on the taxes will provide enough income to offset the jobs program, which I question.

Now before you label me as a tax-and-spend liberal, be aware that I am somewhat conservative about the budget. We simply cannot keep spending the way we have while simultaneously reducing income. There is no way to balance the budget by reducing income; would you take a pay cut to pay your bills?

But already the hawks are circling. Gov. Cornym of Texas has starting using "tax increase" in his messages, as have others. Many REpublicans agree with a good portion of Obama's proposal, but many others are afraid to be labeled as collusionists with the administration.
Posted 09/14/2011 08:00AM #4
David Wagner said:

One MINOR detail...

What a maroon!

He is a liberal democrat. What he means is pass the bill and then will figger out whats in it afterwards. Just the the Obamacare bill!

Doug Matulis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I need something to put here, can you help? wink "