New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

I prefer

Started by AstroMart, 04/07/2018 03:51PM

Poll Results:

0 Total Votes
Posted 12/01/2010 11:10AM #10
Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Marvin the Martian, The RoadRunner, Yosemite Sam, Elmer Fudd... the best cartoons ever... and they did not have to curse, not even once, in order to be funny...

Ivan Gastaldo 8)
Coconut Creek, FL

Ivan's Observatory
Lat 26N 16' 48" Long 80W 10' 48"
[COLOR="Red"]Personal Website:[/COLOR] http://www.ivangastaldo.com

CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky - Moderator
I like to complain about everything - Moderator
Posted 12/01/2010 01:46PM #11
Old enough to remember the great Tex Avery cartoons produced by Warner Brothers and MGM during the golden age of Hollywood animation. The guy was a genius, way ahead of his time. They were entertaining for both kids and adults, very non-PC and just plain crazy. What an imagination he had!
Posted 12/01/2010 02:19PM #12
I don't really disagree Rex. I do watch the Simpsons with my kids. I think it's harmless. However, South Park and Family Guy are not permitted for my 8 year old. Sadly, Family Guy is on in our area at 7pm. Not appropriate family viewing, I agree. That show and South Park are clearly intended for adults. I actually feel a little uncomfortable watching sports with my son sometimes due to all the E.D. ads along with the rest of them. I think we digress though, as this question was not about "family friendly" cartoons specifically.
Posted 12/01/2010 02:24PM #13
I don't beleive "D'oh" is a curse word any more than "sufferin' sucatash". And what was Daffy Duck muttering under his breath all the time anyway?
Sure, old bugs was funny, but the book didn't end with him. I NEVER liked the Road Runner though. Wished he'd get eaten already.
By the way, is Mickey Mouse supposed to be be funny?
Posted 12/01/2010 09:26PM #14
Agreed, Bugs is not that funny, but Yosemite Sam and the Coyote sure as hell are! smile
Posted 12/07/2010 08:20PM #15