Register an account...

Need Help?

Lance Armstrong

Started by AstroMart, 04/07/2018 10:51PM

Poll Results:

0 Total Votes
Posted 08/27/2012 01:36AM #10
jim chung said:

What about the 10 other teammates ready to testify they saw Armstrong doping (and blood transfusions count as cheating).

Yep... I think anyone who is a serious cycle racing fan has a hard time believing Lance is clean. Cycling has far more stringent testing than any American sport with far more serious penalties. But it has been shown time and time again that the drug use not isolated but a concerted effort involving the teams and doctors.

Personally I have to wonder if Indurain was clean...

Jon
Posted 08/27/2012 01:37AM | Edited 08/27/2012 01:39AM #11
"This is a WITCH HUNT"

The validity of EPO testing:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080626100921.htm

Exactly why is that George Hincapie is willing to testify against Lance?

Jon
Posted 08/27/2012 01:51AM #12
He and his sport have done a superb job at field testing such enhancements. Also, major league baseball. Apparently this year's TdeF was measurably slower. Thus, Lance and the rest have shown that it is possible to accelerate evolution toward improved physical capability and they didn't need to invest $10 million or so in double blind studies for the FDA. Nor do they seem to be dying like flies from oding on the stuff. If some smart PhD had an idea for a slightly better solar cell or battery Obama would show up with half a billion or so to bring it to production.
Suppose some competitors in the World Chess championship were found to be doing consistently better but also taking some mind-enhancing potion. We'd sure all celebrate the shortcut to higher IQ.
Obama ought to be hauling Lance along on the campaign trail and awarding him a high American Medal of whatever they give. Also, the UK ought to bring him over and knight him.

M73/kj0p
Posted 08/27/2012 03:13AM #13
It's a moot point anyway. They got their pound of flesh fron Lance....might as well stop thr "tour," as you stated, the winners will all probably be stripped of their trophys anyway. Then we can ban football, baseball, horse racing and the Olympics....they are all looking for that little edge that makes them winners.... May be a future banned substance they used to win. Those heros may all be frauds...?
Now if only I could get my Teleport to take HGH, maybe It will grow a bigger mirror for me! smile
Clear skies!

10" Teleport (R2D2 Jr.)
Celestron Evolution 60th Ann
Canon IS 10x30 bino
Starbase80
E.S. Voyager
Explore Scientific ep's
Wonderful Rescued Greyhound  grin
(Understanding Wife)  wink 
Posted 08/27/2012 04:37AM #14
Jon,

Thanks for your insight. I wanted to believe it was a bunch of trumped up political crap too, but now I think you are on to something. I find very few things are so innocent when big money and big companies are involved.

David
Posted 08/27/2012 02:29PM #15
The reason for the witch hunts are simple. If they didn't do this the group would lose their cushy jobs.

Paul Maxson
Moderator - CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System
Celestron C14, Mewlon 250, Orion EON120, ASI120MM, Flea3.
http://www.sunspot51.com
Posted 08/27/2012 11:11PM | Edited 08/27/2012 11:12PM #16
I'm all for clean competition, all kinds of testing before and during competition. However, I think two important things are lacking:

1. A violation must also be reasonably believed to have had a performance enhancing effect. People in charge shouldn't be turning off their brains. Due process is a good thing, generally.

2. After the competition is over, it really should be over. It's just sport, and it has no importance beyond what the public gives it, so it's hardly a tragedy of epic proportions if a competitor gets away with something. I do know perfectly well why they try to play the anti-doping side of the game by different rules, but the risk of destroying public interest is significant. I don't know how anybody can care about watching a sporting event where the winner today might be stripped of the title tomorrow. I'll never watch the Tour again.
Posted 08/27/2012 11:28PM | Edited 08/27/2012 11:29PM #17
I don't know how anybody can care about watching a sporting event where the winner today might be stripped of the title tomorrow. I'll never watch the Tour again.

I am an avid cyclist, I love to ride. I have even done a little racing myself. But it's been quite a few years since I had any interest in the pros simply because it seems that just about everyone is cheating. It's not just after the fact that they get caught, Pantani was tossed while leading the tour, Rasmussen was tossed while leading the tour.

For me, it's the fact that they are/were cheating that is important, not when or how they got caught.

Jon Isaacs

Posted 08/29/2012 04:13AM #18
Amen!

10" Teleport (R2D2 Jr.)
Celestron Evolution 60th Ann
Canon IS 10x30 bino
Starbase80
E.S. Voyager
Explore Scientific ep's
Wonderful Rescued Greyhound  grin
(Understanding Wife)  wink 
Posted 08/30/2012 12:37AM #19
Lance is like Mark McGuire.....a liar. For years Mcguire denied using steroids, then just recently admitted to it. Im a cyclist, and admired Lance for a long time. But the truth has come out, but he wont admit it for the sake of his foundation. One side affect of Lance's actions is testicular cancer, which he developed. He has teammates who are are willing to testify against him, and the USADA wouldnt be going through all this if they didnt have concrete, DNA evidence. Sorry all you Lance fans.......he's proven another loser.....the only "hero" Armstrong is still Neil.