New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

The Koran burning on 9/11/10

Started by AstroMart, 04/07/2018 10:51PM

Poll Results:

0 Total Votes
Posted 09/09/2010 11:17PM #1
Once again this is a silly question as what it really is is an affront to a group of peoples' deeply held, for whatever reason, religious beliefs. The proposed burning is juvenile, tactless and vulgar. It would achieve nothing positive other than make a bunch of redneck yahoos feel good about their collective stupidity.
Posted 09/10/2010 01:58AM #2
I agree. I hope that they would move the mosque in NYC, which that too, is tasteless, as if they want to cause hatred. We're better than the minister who is filled with hate, specifically because of our founding fathers insight for freedom of religions in America, the highest of freedoms we enjoy. Whats a location change for the Mosque? Nothing. What's a Quran burning, an invitation to increased violence everywhere. IMHO Tolerance, tolerance, tolerance
Posted 09/10/2010 03:10PM #3
Funny to think of NYers as rednecks, but having lived there, you realize many of them have never been 100 miles from home.
Freedom of speech - yes. Hateful and anti-Christian - yes.
Killing people over the burning of a book? Well that's just barbaric. I am sick of these superstitious cave dwellers telling us how we should live though.
Terry Jones is not a Christian in my book, but I can tell now he is a 1st rate Capitalist. Still it's his right, and these childish morons (Islamic fundamentalists)need to get over it.
Posted 09/15/2010 02:45PM #4
Have you heard of any Muslim burning a Bible? Freedom of religion does not include disrespecting the religion of others.