AP160...delayed...*%#!

Started by T.R., 06/17/2005 01:32PM
Posted 06/17/2005 01:32PM Opening Post
Well, it would figure! After a five plus year wait, my delivery date has been moved from this month until JAN 2006!!! Anyone else get the same letter on this run? The explanation was vague at best citing "other" projects :S . That will bring the total time to over 6 years??? Ridiculous...Very disappointed... sad
Posted 06/17/2005 02:42PM #1
Bummer. Hang in there, the scope is worth the wait. My 160EDF has been giving me some great views (not recently due to clouds).

I hope you ordered the feathertouch focuser, it's really nice. The rotating focuser assembly is also pretty nifty!

I know it's frustrating to wait so long, but I turned down one of the 10" Maks when they came out - I just moved into a new house from an apartment and all cash was going into the house. Still, I regret not pulling the trigger on that one.

Eventually you will get it, and it is worth the wait.

Timothy McDougall said:

Well, it would figure! After a five plus year wait, my delivery date has been moved from this month until JAN 2006!!! Anyone else get the same letter on this run? The explanation was vague at best citing "other" projects :S . That will bring the total time to over 6 years??? Ridiculous...Very disappointed... sad
Posted 06/17/2005 04:29PM #2
There are no other projects delaying this refractor. I am putting all my efforts into making these lenses. I am here from 7 am until 9 pm every day. The spindles are running all that time. I have cancelled all my vacation plans for this summer to finish this project. The delay has been more due to the lens being totally new and some issues had to be worked out for more efficient production. Tooling, assembly processes, etc. I will do as much as humanly possible to get these all out well before Jan 2006. That was just an estimate by our office based on the progress so far, but I assure you that production is going much smoother as I climb down the learning curve.

I would not blame you if you wanted to cancel and buy something else, and we would certainly accomodate your request.

Roland Christen
Posted 06/17/2005 05:41PM #3
Well ya gots to wait for the best, the best never comes easy!

Chas
Posted 06/19/2005 10:21AM #4
Now if we would all volunteer to work in Rolands shop, maybe we could help get the production back on schedulule, learn many things from the Jedi Master and be surrounded by all things AP. Sounds fun to me and I don't even own an AP. I do however apreciate such a selfless attitude from a business owner, but it would be pretty cool to see pics posted here of Roland and family in Bali - with an AP scope of course. grin grin