Venus Transit

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

LXD 650 mount

Started by J.P. McBride, 08/28/2011 07:22PM
Posted 08/28/2011 07:22PM Opening Post
Hi, A friend of mine has a LXD650 mount that the computer has stopped working. There is a brief faint light that shows that the power is on then nothing after that. Does anyone know of anyone who services these or help me point him in the right direction of information about the computer and what might be wrong with it.

Thanks

Joe
Posted 08/31/2011 06:51AM #1
I had one of these once. It really made Meade look bad, tjhe worst mount I ever used. i recommend your friend save the money for a new mount.
Posted 08/31/2011 11:42AM #2
Yes, a fellow by the name of Ron Sampson repairs them. But another guy, George Dudash does some repairs, and can convert it for use with an Autostar #495/497 as well eliminating the original (LX200 Classic) electronics, which modernizes the mount. I had mine done and it works great. The Yahoo group, lx200autostar is the place to look.

Joe McBride said:

Hi, A friend of mine has a LXD650 mount that the computer has stopped working. There is a brief faint light that shows that the power is on then nothing after that. Does anyone know of anyone who services these or help me point him in the right direction of information about the computer and what might be wrong with it.

Thanks

Joe