Wanning Crescent and Venus

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

LXD55 AR5 ...no 497 Autostar hand controller

Started by gceee, 08/16/2011 05:52PM
Posted 08/16/2011 05:52PM Opening Post
Have a question for you guys. I have an AR5 LXD55 that doesn't have the hand controller. I put 12v to the control panel and the red light comes on but I don't hear any motors running. My guess is that in order for the RA motor to start it needs the 497 Autostar hand controller. Let me know how this all works. Any one have an extra 497 they want to sell? Thanks, Gerry
Posted 08/17/2011 01:03PM #1
Yes Gerry, it needs a controller to boot and run the motors. I would suggest putting a wanted ad in the classifieds. Both the #495 and #497 will work and the #495 should be able to be upgraded to the #497 firmware unless it is the very old version with limited memory (but would still work)

Gerry Stowe said:

Have a question for you guys. I have an AR5 LXD55 that doesn't have the hand controller. I put 12v to the control panel and the red light comes on but I don't hear any motors running. My guess is that in order for the RA motor to start it needs the 497 Autostar hand controller. Let me know how this all works. Any one have an extra 497 they want to sell? Thanks, Gerry