Jupiter 7-24-2020 Re-Processed

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Ups and Downs of the Forums

Started by AstroMart, 12/05/2011 11:22AM
Posted 12/05/2011 11:22AM Opening Post
From time to time I find the need to stop a Forum or Groups of Forums.

Some times it is my own doing. I get too pissed at a couple of "regulars" that I either disagree with or I find personally repugnant or the one that always gets me really pissed - I won't support anymore unless you do what I want you to do - I will sue you - I will not by from ATWB because you said thus and so....

Well screw that - I may still take a forum down from time to time for whatever reason I want - I own them - but I will not be threatened to silence.

I needed to take a few days to reflect and have decided that my views and beliefs are as valid as any and reserve the right to voice them. If you don't want to support Astromart because you disagree then fine - I don't care. If you do agree then get your damn check book out.

Thank you and let the 1st amendment begin again.

Love
Herb
Posted 12/05/2011 12:21PM #1
~ AstroMart LLC~ said:

Some times it is my own doing. I get too pissed at a couple of "regulars" that I either disagree with or I find personally repugnant or the one that always gets me really pissed - I won't support anymore unless you do what I want you to do - I will sue you - I will not by from ATWB because you said thus and so....

Well screw that - I may still take a forum down from time to time for whatever reason I want - I own them - but I will not be threatened to silence.

I needed to take a few days to reflect and have decided that my views and beliefs are as valid as any and reserve the right to voice them. If you don't want to support Astromart because you disagree then fine - I don't care. If you do agree then get your damn check book out.

Love
Herb

Well..I can't argue with that Herb. It's your GIG and you can operate and run it as you see fit...and you really don't have to cater to anyone's *special* needs if you so choose not to.

If anyone disagrees with your view..then they themselves can exercise their right to head for the door. Intolerance is a good thing. wink

Eternity is a long time to be wrong.....so accept Jesus as your Savior.
Posted 12/05/2011 03:12PM #2
Your opinion is as valid as anyones and you certainly have the right to express it. I think that some forums were just a waste of time and energy and do not miss them. If you don't like a forum, I probably feel the same.
As for someone that does not like it, fine, let them find another spot to hang out. Not a problem for me. grin
~ AstroMart LLC~ said:

Love
Herb

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 12/06/2011 09:24AM #3
As a somewhat regular poster on the global warming forum, I totally understand your position. It became more and more frequented by acrimonious debate populated with mean- spirited commentary that was as offensive as it was tedious. As much as I miss the forum, it had only tenuous connections to astronomy, and I fully support your decision.

I also concur with the removal of the various religious forums that have disappeared. In sum total, I say good riddance. In the future, it is probably best to follow social etiquette, and avoid incendiary topics such as sex, religion, and politics.

"Praise the Lord for the expanding grandeur of creation, worlds known and unknown, galaxies beyond galaxies, filling us with awe and challenging our imaginations." 2007 Reform Siddur
Posted 12/07/2011 10:46AM | Edited 12/07/2011 10:50AM #4
"Some times it is my own doing. I get too pissed at a couple of "regulars" that I either disagree with or I find personally repugnant or the one that always gets me really pissed"

VERY WELL said, I stopped visiting the religion forum out of disgust due to several "individuals" (I have much more accurate descriptors for these, but they are not suitable for the forums smile) that effectively shot down everyone with their intolerant and extremely flawed logic. I agree this is a good forum and people of religious faith (myself included) should be able to share ideas without all that athiest FUD. Thanks for weeding Herb, I know its tough but it IS appreciated.
Posted 12/24/2011 12:23PM #5
Glad to see this section back up. Merry Christmas to Herb and his family.

Chas