Selling for a club

Started by eafrica, 08/02/2012 02:00PM
Posted 08/02/2012 02:00PM Opening Post
A local club has some equipment that they'd like to put up for sale. Given that an Astromart member can not sell 3rd-party items, how best can this club list the equipment on Astromart should they decide to go this route?

Thanks,
Eric
Posted 08/02/2012 02:39PM #1
If the club owns the equipment, then I imagine an authorized representative of the club (like the club president) could likely get an AM account of his own to sell this gear. If, however, the equipment that you're referring to is not owned by the club, but rather by individual club members, then each of these members that wishes to sell his or her gear should get their own AM accounts. But this is just *my* interpretation of the rules. It would be best to contact Herb York directly for clarification.

Clear skies,
Scott

Posted 08/02/2012 04:36PM #2
Sell it - don't say - I DON'T OWN it

YOU are responsible for anything you place on AstroMart - doesn't work? - It is on you
Posted 08/02/2012 04:47PM #3
Eric,

Is the equipment CLUB owned?
Are you an active memeber of the club?
Are you an AstroMart SUPPORTER?

If you answer NO to any question, then tell the club a member with authority over the equipment has to join AstroMart.

If you answer YES to all questions, then quit ruffling feathers here and just do what you can do. In spite of what some may think, Herb has a practical side to differentiating between the letter of the law and the honest intent, as well as appreciation for Support for this kind of character trait.

This is stated with delicate prose as 'feather ruffling' requires. No news is Good news. If I'm out of line you can bet that the right authority will correct me. Otherwise, maybe this string can freeze up before a bunch of blather and drivel creates hoopla where it just isn't wanted.