Comet Neowise with satellite pass.

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

No more small TMBs

Started by keagle, 03/15/2005 11:48AM
Posted 03/15/2005 11:48AM Opening Post
It looks like Tom Back will no longer be producing any smaller APOs, at least for a while. I had enquired a while ago about a new TMB 105, but I was just informed that he will be concentrating on 7" and larger. Nice, but certainly not within my budget, or the limits of my increasingly frail body.

Fortunately, Stellarvue is still making smaller scopes with lenses from the same supplier as TMB, and I see they just added a 130mm to their line up. Hopefully ATWB will start stocking these, too!
Posted 03/15/2005 12:08PM #1
Markus at APM said he would receive 66 of the 105 f6.2's in 2005, so you should have absolutely no trouble obtaining one from him. He is TMB's supplier for these scopes, so if TMB doesn't carry them go straight to the source.

See msg 23356 in the TMB Yahoo group for APM's list of new TMB scopes for 2005.
Posted 03/15/2005 03:32PM #2
The "German" TMB's have been available through Markus or Thomas.

My understanding is Thomas will be concentrating on the larger ones as he's still a one man shop, and it'll allow him to devote his time to more profitable work.

The smaller ones will still be available through Markus.

Posted 03/16/2005 06:58AM #3
ken pfeiffer said:

It looks like Tom Back will no longer be producing any smaller APOs, at least for a while. I had enquired a while ago about a new TMB 105, but I was just informed that he will be concentrating on 7" and larger. Nice, but certainly not within my budget, or the limits of my increasingly frail body.

Fortunately, Stellarvue is still making smaller scopes with lenses from the same supplier as TMB, and I see they just added a 130mm to their line up. Hopefully ATWB will start stocking these, too!

Dear Ken,

I think we (i.e. existing TMB customers & potential TMB customers) would appreciate it very much if you do not provide such errorneous information without confirming your information first at the source ;-). Thank you for your assistance.

TMB Optical will continue to make and sell small TMB APO refractors. In fact, some more new exciting things will be happening in this arena. To get reliable information ;-), anyone can simply check out the info at the source:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tmboptical

Ron B[ee]