New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Biden

Started by AstroMart, 04/07/2018 10:51PM

Poll Results:

0 Total Votes
Posted 08/24/2008 11:27AM #1
I didn't think The Chosen One could pick anyone dumber or more arrogant than himself but he did. The most liberal senator is The Chosen One and Biden is #3. A very well-balanced ticket of fringe leftists.
Posted 08/24/2008 02:50PM #2
I think it's great that Obama is making the election choice so easy for everyone. Shows a level of consideration I didn't suspect was in him. Nothing ambiguous here.
Posted 08/24/2008 04:57PM | Edited 08/24/2008 05:30PM #3
I have to admire the ability of a "fringe leftist" like Biden to be re-elected over and over again. Of course, I guess to you this merely reflects the fringe leftism of the population of Delaware.

Happily for you, your candidate is free of any tinge of stupidity or arrogance!

Joe Bergeron

Moderator, Astro-Physics Forum
Posted 08/24/2008 05:29PM #4
They all have some stupidity and arrogance about them. Trying to figure out which have the least amount is the challenge.

Joe Bergeron said:

Well, he could have chosen you. I have to admire the ability of a "fringe leftist" like Biden to be re-elected over and over again. Of course, I guess to you this merely reflects the fringe leftism of the population of Delaware.

Happily for you, your candidate is free of any tinge of stupidity or arrogance!
Posted 08/24/2008 05:31PM #5
True enough.

Joe Bergeron

Moderator, Astro-Physics Forum
Posted 08/26/2008 05:53PM #6
So, now that Obama has someone else's reputation to ride on, are you prepared for Biden to be THE President? After all, that is what happens if/when something happens to the President. Obama is running for President, NOT Biden! Biden does *not* have the executive "powers" that Obama would have should he be elected.
I see it as yet another of Obama's weaknesses to pick someone so full of hatred for the "other" party in his quest to become "king". That's not a way to bring folks together, to bring a country together..

Mike Sutherland said:

This is a dynamite choice! It should address any "perceived" weakness on Obama's part. Plus it should certainly bolster the US international image that has been suffering for so long.

Finally, something to cheer about! grin
Posted 08/26/2008 05:57PM #7
I see the "old man" making a wise decision waiting to see what the "opposition" has. Now John can go forward and make a decision based in fact instead of speculation.
Posted 08/26/2008 11:53PM #8
I might also add that Obama in particular has not been in the habit of bipartisanship and working across the aisle. Obamas mantra of "come together" is, "here is my idea, why don't you be OPEN minded and adopt what I want to do.
Posted 08/27/2008 11:05PM #9
Mike Sutherland said:

Jeffrey,

Guess we have different images of Biden, (and Obama). I see them both as more than willing to step across the aisle to do what's best for the country and the world. No hatred here.

Cheers
Mike

Yet neither Obama nor Biden *has* stepped across the aisle! They want the aisle to come over to them! They have only opposed the other side of the aisle. But McCain HAS stepped across on several occasions. McCain-Feingold, McCain-Kennedy, and many more. Someone touting "I'm willing to" and yet never has, is to me just a bunch of smoke and mirrors. More sugar coating to try and get elected. And they have you believing it!
I'm not saying McCain is the right choice, just pointing out the FACTS when it comes to cooperating with the other side of the aisle.