My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Vallis Alpes

Started by vandenkj, 10/24/2004 11:36AM
Posted 10/24/2004 11:36AM Opening Post
Hello,

Vallis Alpes (Alpine Valley) at f/20 taken Oct 23rd from Shalimar, Florida. Meade 12 inch LX200GPS, Televue 2x barlow, and DMK 21F04 Firewire CCD camera (30 fps). This was about 2,000 frames stacked in Registax.

Seeing was 4-5 out of 6, slightly hazy skies, 65 degrees.

Kirk Vanden

Attached Image:

vandenkj's attachment for post 19633
Posted 10/24/2004 03:17PM #1
Kirk,

Great image of a very difficult subject to image.

Thanks,

Wes Higgins
Posted 10/24/2004 07:06PM #2
Kirk -

Very nice work to capture the rille at this sun angle. Thanks for posting it.

Alan

Alan Friedman

http://www.avertedimagination.com
Posted 10/24/2004 07:42PM #3

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the kind comments. I have been trying to catch the rille and craterlets for some time. I finally got them. The seeing was not quite good enough for f/20, and I had some wind. Therefore, this AVI had to be processed 10 times, each time I put the alignment box on a different part of the image to get maximum sharpness in that region. I then took all 10 processed images and cut them apart to get the best pieces. I then assembled everything into the image I posted.

This is the first time I have used this technique, but it works quite well if you don't mind running RegiStax all day just to get one image.

Kirk
Posted 10/25/2004 06:21AM #4
This is am amazing image. The detail is just superb! I too am interested in how you processed the image in pieces and reassembled it. I think many of us would be interested in your technique.
Cheers,
Tyler

"The expression of the beautiful is in direct ratio to the power of perception acquired by the artist." (Gustave Courbet)